- TraceMedia™ Mannitol Salt Agar is a pre-poured agar medium in 90mm petri dishes used for selective cultivation of Staphylococcus and differentiation of Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus epidermidis.
- TraceMedia™ Mannitol Salt Agar is a selective medium prepared for the isolation of pathogenic cocci.
- Most other bacteria are inhibited by the high salt concentration, except for some halophilic bacteria.
- Coagulase-positive cocci produce colonies surrounded by bright yellow zones, while coagulase-negative cocci produce colonies with purple-red zones.
- After incubation for the required time, usually 18-24 hours, observe the growth of colonies on the agar surface with characteristic features such as colony size, color, and morphology.
- Further identification of the isolated bacteria must be conducted through appropriate tests.